Settling a Missouri Workers Compensation Case
Missouri Workers Compensation Attorney
Roskin & Hoffmann, LLC
Know what factors to consider when determining whether to settle your Workers Compensation injury claim.
Near the end of every MO workers compensation case, after treatment has been completed and all other issues have been resolved, the insurance company or employer will make a settlement offer. At this point, most injured workers do not know what is a fair amount to settle for and the workers comp insurance companies and employers know this. Therefore it is likely that the amount you have been offered to settle your work comp case is below what you deserve.
There are many things to consider when determining whether to accept a workers compensation settlement offer or not. The following is a list of things to consider:
- A worker injured in MO should first consider if all of his or her lost time from work has been paid for.
- Have you been compensated for any medical bills for treatment to help cure or relieve symptoms from the work injury?
- Are there any on-going medical needs that need to be addressed in the workers compensation settlement?
- Have you been compensated for travel to and from the doctor's office?
- Are you unable to work anywhere else due to your work injury?
- Am I receiving social security disability benefits? Medicare benefits? Unemployment benefits?
- Is there a third party who might be liable like a driver of a car who struck you?
- Has my average weekly wage been calculated correctly? As well as am I receiving a fair amount of disability for my injury?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions it might be time for you to consult with an attorney as to your MO workers compensation rights. You may not be the type of person who tries to squeeze every last penny out of something, but fighting for you rights and standing up for them is far more important that gaining a few extra dollars.
With no workers compensation attorney, the injured worker is fairly ill-equipped to proceed with a case to a hearing. The insurance company knows this and so have nothing to lose by offering less than you deserve. If you are unable to push them to the brink, then they are unwilling to offer you fair value for your case. Since Roskin & Hoffmann, LLC has tried many workmans compensation cases to completion, we are prepared, willing and eager to fight for your rights.
Additionally, at Roskin & Hoffmann, LLC we are experienced at getting our clients the workers compensation settlements that they deserve. We have nearly 50 years of experience dealing with these particular issues and would be happy to discuss your particular work comp case with you.
Contact an Experienced Workers Compensation Lawyer
The St. Louis Workers Compensation Lawyers at Roskin & Hoffmann, LLC have nearly 50 years of combined Work Comp experience and we have handled some of the most complex Workers Comp cases throughout Missouri. If you have been injured at work or if you have questions regarding workers comp settlements, call our knowledgeable attorneys at (314) 821-9013 or send us a Workers Compensation question. We look forward to helping you. All communications are returned promptly.
Workers Compensation Lawyers at Roskin & Hoffmann, LLC based in St. Louis, Missouri have nearly 50 combined years of work comp experience. Learn more about settling a case.